Dental Cleanings in Nashua, NH
At Greenwood Dental our professional dental cleanings are most commonly performed by a our dental hygienist, and in some cases a dentist. The dental cleanings and exams are the foundation for preventing gum disease, tooth decay and maintaining your oral health.
At Greenwood Dental during your professional dental cleaning we will:
- Remove plaque from the teeth – Plaque is a sticky substance that forms in the mouth from food, saliva and bacteria. Plaque sticks to teeth and is the #1 cause of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Remove tarter (calculus) above the gum line – Tarter is plaque that has hardened on the tooth surface and is difficult to remove. (Tarter below the gum line indicates gum disease and requires a different procedure to remove it.)
- Polish and remove stains from teeth.
Dental Exams in Nashua, NH
A Dental exam will help to diagnose disease before it becomes hazardous to your health. In addition, regular examinations can save you time and money by raising awareness to problems while they are small and before they become expensive to repair, or in some cases, impossible to repair.
Your dental examinations generally include the following:
- Oral cancer screening
- Gum disease evaluation
- Visual exam of tooth decay
- Review of diagnostic x-rays to see tumors, cysts, invisible decay and other problems that can’t be seen by the naked eye.
- Evaluation of status of current restorations (fillings and others)
At Greenwood Dental we can’t express enough how important it is to have regular dental exams. Remember, preventing disease is always better than treating disease.